I’ve been so busy with writing, and jabbering on about writing, of late, that I haven’t been up to much music. But I have been up to some. I have a new Venus Vulture release coming out on Zenapolae soon, but in the meantime I managed to put together a podcast mix that’s out now.
zenCast016 is an hour-long mix of ambient(ish) works from various netlabels – I’ve put a full track list below. As you may know, I listen to music as I write; and this is the kind of thing I would write to. I hope you enjoy it.
I’ll update again when the Venus Vulture release comes out.
Tracks in zenCast016
1. Lump – Kohina#2 – textone\txtn015 – 3 feet down and sinking e.p.
2. Rod Modell – Harmonics Of Ether – sutemos\Flow.ers (Sutemos008)
3. Ingredient – Striations – zenapolæ\zen051 – Ingredient
4. Minus Pilots – Sunshine Final Cut – testtube\[tube010] – Central Industries EP
5. milieu – over hills – [unknown]\milieu
6. Lezrod – Domrich – zymogen\[zym014] – Genki Vol. I
7. Ryonkt – transparence – Resting Bell\transparence
8. Venus Vulture – Times Sq. – [unreleased]
9. Dolby – [B2] Outward – thinner\thn008 – dub expo ep
10. Sleepy Town Manufacture – Kabyn – sutemos\intelligent toys 2
11. Minim.all – Branches – arh021\les mots inconnu
12. Arditi – Struggle for Victory – [equilibrium music]\(Destiny of Iron)
13. Zero a m m 0 – Uncomforting Variations – Resting Bell\
14. Anti- – ewwa – PUBE\ – tufts
15. 833-45 – Säänöttömyys – autoplate\apl004 – Solar Cycle 23
16. Muhr – Le Gouffre En Nous – zymogen\zym010 – muhr drames et precipices
17. Marko Füstenberg – Option21 – thinner\thn031 – option
18. Lys – Tolis – sutemos\Naunee
Thanks to Arnd Klotz for his encouragement.
My story “The Stone Goddess” originally published in Horror Through The Ages, the first anthology from Lame Goat Press, has been read by Barry J Northern in the new Lame Goat Podcast. Barry does an excellent job – his pacing and tone is wonderful and really does the story justice.
The Stone Goddess Podcast
Barry is creating a fantastic archive of podcasts from Lame Goat publications – “Lacerta” by Jodi MacArthur, “Beserker” by Deborah Walker and “Their Dark Master” by Mark Anthony Crittendon, with more to come.
It’s been a busy May, mostly creating in the background with little in the world, and little to report. Some more news is in the works, just need some crosses for the ‘i’s and dots for the … or something like that.
Some Venus Vulture tracks from the Heavy Skies EP were played on the NTNS radio podcast on May 9th. Mark has played some of my music (from Signal Artifacts) and music by other Resting Bell artists on previous podcasts. The whole show is around three hours long and also features music from morsure souffle by d’incise, also from Test Tube
Mark will be featuring tracks from Signal Artifacts on Not The Normal Shit radio. Check the site for the stream – Saturday 2 AM New York time CST, 9 AM Amsterdam time CET, 5 PM Tokyo time CCT.
Clare from Bookhabit interviewed me a wee while ago about my ebook Habitat. You can listen to the interview here
The track There Were Once Seven from phantomshadows features on Simon Chapman’s Still Audio podcast # 7 Close Your Eyes. Still Audio “is a music podcast featuring an eclectic mixture of calming electronica.” Check out some of the other podcasts too – Simon’s creating a great selection of music gathered from netlabels around the world.